Electronics systems we can diagnose and repair:
- * SRS, Airbag systems repair
- * Instrument cluster programming, coding
- * Immobilizer, Theft system programming
- * Engine ECU repair and reprogramming
Complete Airbag System Repair
Reset your module
After deployment airbags need to be replaced and the airbag ECU usually needs to be reset. In some models the occupancy sensor or weight sensor needs to be calibrated.
In our company we deal with the SRS computers repair and airbag system activating. After the accident the airbag computer (SRS) records crash data which prevents re-use it in your car (it is simply a software-locked). We write data from before the accident. It is a safe operation involving only the reprogramming of integrated circuits. This allows you to reuse the same module without the need of buying new one.
Digital Instrument Cluster Repair
All models odometer reprogramming (mileage proof required) and repairs.
Cars have electronic dashboards with digital odometer displays. Electrical pulses in the cars wiring can cause the dashboard data to become corrupted.
This corruption could happen for a number of reasons:
• the battery was discharged and the vehicle had been jump started
• the dashboard may be damaged in a collision
• the dashboard may develop an electrical fault
• new engine had been fitted.
In these examples, the corruption of the information held in the EEPROM may mean that the mileage displayed on the digital odometer is now incorrect.
Mileage correction may also be necessary where a replacement cluster has been purchased; either new or second hand, if it's a second hand one the reading displayed is also likely to be different to the original- requiring a correction. We are able to fix incorrect reading by using latest technologies. Some corrections can be done through OBD-II (no need to remove any units from the vehicle). We have equipment that supports most of the devices used in car electronics.
Engine Computers & Other ECUsIf you have a problem with your car, and after the initial diagnosis made by the workshop, a computer problem was discovered in the car, we can help you. Approximately 50% of the damaged car computers can be repaired "on the table" without access to a car, so repairs can be made by sending a computer.
In other cases, the car is needed for repair, it is best to make appointment in our shop.
We can recover the original programs and all necessary data from modules (ECM’s) flooded with water, burned by a short circuit in the installation, or damaged in any way, for example, during an accident and transfer the data to another used or new ECU. We are able to program the newest generation ECM’s with protection like new Bosch EDC17 or MED17 with locked Tricore microprocessor in new BMW or VW, Audi group.
Engine ImmobilizerIt is an electronic anti-theft device. The system uses a transmitter and receiver unit (transponder) in the ignition key. The transponder communicates with the ECU by transmitting a personal code whenever there is an attempt to start the vehicle.
We repair and reset immobilizer sets for cars. In order to change one of the system's parts, the entire system needs to be encoded so the new part will operate in coordination. This is usually done by resetting and encoding the electronic systems.
Retrofits - Custom Coding
Our service also includes custom coding and retrofit for the newest BMW and Mercedes.
If You are looking for:
- *custom coding
- *software upgrade
Bring Your BMW or Mercedes to JR Auto Electronics - the place You can get professional and the best quality service.
We are officially referred by Bimmer Retrofit
as an installation shop in GTA for all the parts and retrofits kits Bimmer Retrofit sell and prepare.
We have professional tools and skills together with the newest BMW diagnostic equipment and software to do the complete work.
See our latest full I-drive retrofit installation: E90 full I-drive Retrofit
What Is Chiptuning?
A car powered by the injection system uses a device called electronic control unit (ECU). ECU is a specialised computer responsible for the parameters of the engine performance under every condition of car speed and load. To ensure that parameters are correct under every condition, a map of fuel supply and ignition control is available for the ECU. This map specifies approximate values of power supply and steering for current conditions in the engine (revolutions and the negative pressure in the collector. A special program, also recorded in the ECU, converts this map and corrects it according to the data provided by the indications of the lambda probe, knocking combustion probe and some other sensors.
Parameters recorded in the ECU, as well as the program, have been designed by the producer at a level lower than optimal. There are three main reasons for such a situation:
- Firstly, sometimes, a car must operate for a long time despite occasional control damages, it is supplied with poor quality fuel (in general, each European car is calibrated for 91 octane, except French and English cars - 94 octane), or fed with inferior quality oils and maintenance materials. On the one hand, the margin of safety assumed by the manufacturer prevents from any damages caused by the users, who do not look well after their cars and do not provide them with appropriate service, but on the other hand it results in substantial fuel consumption and a decrease in the engine power. This margin amounts to not less than 15 % for cars without air-compressors and about 50 % (i.e. half of the power!) for cars with air-compressor.
- A car has to operate at a low fuel consumption level – however, as the international standards determine the test speed rates (i.e. at 90 and 120 k.p.h), manufacturers are making their best to reduce the possible performance and, consequently, fuel consumption at these speed rates in 4th and 5th gear, thus creating artificial "gaps in acceleration". Big limitations imposed on the revolution range below 3000 r.p.m. are intended at improving the city drive performance – however, the car suffers from a much worse engine response. As you know, people tend to buy vehicles, which are economical – at least by the name. That is why the acceleration is of secondary importance to an average customer, which results in car manufacturers using the strategy described above.
- Cars (or to be more precise – their owners) all over Europe are troubled by taxation. The majority of the cars offered on the German market are characterized by the power lower than their counterparts on Japanese or American markets – despite the same torque. The same 1400cc Vtec Honda engines available in Germany show power of 75 KM, whereas 75 or 90 KM if available in Poland. In Japan, the same engine is capable of 100 KM. All that depends just on the tax thresholds...
But you do not have to lose this power for ever!
If you look after your car properly, and do not forget to replace oil, filters, if you use at least 91-octane fuels from reliable filling stations – we will give you a chance to take back the horsepower the manufacturers of your car refused to allow you. You can make your car stronger by about 10 per cent, or even by as many as 30 per cent (cars with turbines) just through application of an appropriate chiptuning performance software.
As you can see, chip tuning means modification of the computer software which controls the engine. It is intended at obtaining higher efficiency, power and torque, and possibly slightly decreasing fuel consumption when driving in unchanged style.